Friday, May 30, 2008

the end of an era

'the only thing constant is change'...the time has come for another change in my daily career activities. yesterday was my last day with the arizona department of education. after two years i have learned the ins and outs, ups and downs, the good the bad and the ugly of working for a state agency - as i reflect on the time spent in school improvement, i have learned as much about what not to do to have a successful school as i have learned what to do. now is my time to go in there and show that i know how to do it. i have gained more confidence in my knowledge, my presentation skills and grown professionally. i have listened and learned from many very capable individuals and listened and learned from people who did not have a clue. i want to keep that perspective in my pocket as i return to the world with students, parents, teachers and principals.

my new job will involve many hats...including but not limited to curriculum mapping development, creation of formative and summative assessments, professional development for teachers, coaching teachers, working with struggling students, analyzing data..the list goes on and on - all of these skills i have learned out of context and am thrilled to have an opportunity to really see what i can do and stretch myself even further :)

2 comments:

Jaquet Family said...

Steph! I'm so glad I found this blog! Lots of luck on Monday - I know you will do great.
xoxo Tanya.

Kim said...

your new job sounds like it is right up your alley!!!
it also sounds like a LOT of what we have going on this side of the US too!