Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sisters


As I watch my nieces and reflect on my relationship with my own sister, I wouldn't trade having a sister for anything. We are so alike in so many ways and yet our life paths are so different in so many ways. Watching Hannah and Gracie is like having our childhood reflected right in front of us. They mirror so much of what Amy and I experienced growing up, from their personalities to how they play with each other. My sister is the only one who truly understands 'the family' in the same ways as I do. So many of our experiences are the same, but our memories are different. Hannah is like Amy, sensitive, loving, giving, caring. Hannah loves animals, babies and younger children. She is eager to please always lends a helping hand. Gracie is adventurous, bold, independent and loves making jokes. The bottom line is their love for each other. They each look out for each other, extend a hand of protection and want to know how the other is at all times. They laugh together, they cry together and they are building a lifetime of memories together, just like Amy and I. I love you, big sis!

No comments: